Suggestd enhancement

Currently you get the option Edit>Paste as>... even if no image is on teh clipboard. Then it takes awfully long untill Gimp tells that there is no image to be pasted on the clipboard.

This happens to me sometimes when I want to make a screenshot but my screenshot tool doesn't do that.

I would suggest that Gimp check if there is something to paste before offering any paste option and grey them out if there is no pastable image on the clipboard.

By the way: Is there anythingon teh Linux operating system level which shows me what is on the clipboard? I mean other than going to an app and try to paste whatever is thre and see what happens?