Re: Python vs Scheme

Hi Massimo.

Massimo Fidanza via gimp-developer-list (gimp-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> in the source archive there are 51 .scm scripts and 11 .py Scheme scripts
> has a complex syntax and I do not know how much it is used today. What are
> the advantages of Scheme compared to Python? Would it make sense to rewrite
> plugins that still use Scheme in Python and remove the Scheme language?

The main advantage of scheme is, that we can easily ship the interpreter
within gimp. With python we'll always depend on an external python
installation.

Yeah, scheme sometimes can be a bit optuse, but in my eyes having an
interpreter within the gimp distribution is a strong point to consider.

Bye,
        Simon

--
              simon@xxxxxxxx              http://simon.budig.de/