Re: Gimp 3.0 advancement

Hi Massimo!

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 12:21:47 +0200
Massimo Fidanza via gimp-developer-list <gimp-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Excuse me if I ask, I don't want to be petulant, I know that release will
> happen when the program is ready, but I just want to ask if the migration
> of the Gimp code to Python 3 and GTK 3 is finished or there are things that
> need to be completed?

There may be still some rough spots, e.g: in the new meson build system (see:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5407 ; autotools builds are
working better from my experience) or in script-fu (see:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5402 ) and some other aspects.
Note that I may not be too major a contributor to GIMP.

I suppose we can use your help if you wish to contribute, and I maintain
https://metacpan.org/release/App-gimpgitbuild to (hopefully) facilitate
building testing and installing GIMP 2.99.x/git from source.

> Thanks
> Massimo

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Taylor-Swift/

There is no IGLU Cabal! Its members can be arranged in N! orders to form N!
different Cabals. The algorithm to find which order formulates the correct
IGLU Cabal is NP‐Complete.