Re: [ANN] gimpgitbuild 0.2.1 - a commandline tool to build GIMP and its dependencies from their git repos

> Hi Owen,
>
> Please try gimpgitbuild 0.6.1 which should have a fix:
>
> https://github.com/shlomif/App-gimpgitbuild/blob/51e404c476aaffb4f5f54bb67ee00d6f3baf3fa1/App-gimpgitbuild/Changes#L3

Hi Shlomi,

This is with Ubuntu-19.1 and is being built as an unprivileged user.

Version 0.6.1 got me into libmypaint where it failed. Details below.

I have the latest automake and even built another copy of it into /usr/local. Besides, I am pretty sure automake was required for babl and gegl

Thanks for your troubles so far and hope you can solve this one.

Owen

==============Details========================

I am testing that you have the tools required to build
libmypaint from git. This test is not foolproof.

checking for libtool >= 1.5 ... Major version might be too new (2.4.6)
checking for autoconf >= 2.62 ... yes (version 2.69)
checking for automake >= 1.13 ...
  You must have automake 1.13 or newer installed to compile libmypaint.
  Download the appropriate package for your distribution,
  or get the source tarball at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/automake/

./autogen.sh: 1: automake-1.13: not found
Major version might be too new (1.13)
checking for intltool >= 0.40.1 ... yes (version 0.51.0)

Please install/upgrade the missing tools and call me again.

owen@DTU:~$ aptitude search automake
i A automake                                                       - Tool for generating GNU Standards-compliant Makefiles
v   automake:i386                                                  -
p   automake-1.15                                                  - Tool for generating GNU Standards-compliant Makefiles
v   automake-1.16                                                  -
v   automake-1.16:i386                                             -
p   automake1.11                                                   - Tool for generating GNU Standards-compliant Makefiles
v   automaken

owen@DTU:~$ apt-cache policy automake
automake:
  Installed: 1:1.16.1-4ubuntu3
  Candidate: 1:1.16.1-4ubuntu3

owen@DTU:~$ ls -la /usr/bin/automake
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Sep 29 19:08 /usr/bin/automake -> /etc/alternatives/automake

owen@DTU:~$ /usr/bin/automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.16.1
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@xxxxxxxxxx>