Re: gimpfu port to Gimp 3

As far as I know, you are not duplicating effort.

As for a reason to not do it, my (perhaps misinformed) understanding is
that there is a goal to make
gimp not target a specific scripting language; that is to equally support
languages like Javascript, Lua (both of which
have example plugins in /plug-ins/goat-exercises), the same as Python.

If you add a GimpFu module for Python, it wont be available for other
languages. Support for other languages might
call for adding additional GimpFu modules for each, and thus adding more
language-specific maintenance.
To my understanding, this language-specific support is what is being
deprecated.

Maybe a better approach would be to have the GimpFu implemented in C, in a
way that it will be available to all scripting languages.

But Is this language-agnostic approach of significant value? I am hardly
objective, because I love Python,
but Python is crushing it
<https://www.infoworld.com/article/3401536/python-popularity-reaches-an-all-time-high.html>
 .