Re: help compiling babl

Elle Stone writes:
> Thanks! for updating the wiki. In case it helps, the paths for setting up
> the prefix vary from one distribution to the next, for example are very
> different for Debian Sid compared to Gentoo.

Thanks, Elle, If the paths are distro-dependent, they're almost
certainly wrong for Win and Mac too, so I'll add a note that the paths
are just examples and need to be adjusted for each system.

On my Debian system (Testing), I didn't need the to add the
$PREFIX/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu library directories; everything was
installed in $GIMP_PREFIX/lib. But if you needed them, I'm sure
other people will as well. I think what I'll do is change the main
build page to say the variables there are just an example, then add
a section to the Linux build page with the two variable lists you
gave for Sid and Gentoo as well as my Testing list. It's a bummer
that these vary so much and there's no easy way to predict them.

Also, I found that gegl's new meson build doesn't source the
$PREFIX/share/config.site automatically the way the old build did:
gegl complained about not being able to find babl until I sourced
$PREFIX/share/config.site in the shell before running the meson
build. So I should probably just remove the suggestion of using
config.site entirely, and tell people to export the variables in
the shell before starting the build.

        ...Akkana