2 ideas/suggestions and 1 bug?

       Export-Wait to Enter key

I don't know how to name this suggestion... I have a non-super-fast computer. When I export an image, I enter its name and press Enter... twice. Because I want to accept the name and the default export options (JPG, PNG). But... there is a little delay between GIMP receives the first Enter and when showing Export options window. In that time, Enter key is lost. But that is not the most important, when Export window is shown, I press Enter key and nothing happens. It's like another window (maybe Export file window) is on focus. So, I have to press Alt-Tab (or click with mouse) and then press Enter.

This happen if I press Ctrl-N and Enter inmediatly.

I don't know if this is a window manager issue or GIMP itself. My GIMP version and system:

- GIMP 2.10.12 (flatpak)
- Debian GNU/Linux 9.9 (stretch)
- MATE Desktop Environment 1.16.2.

The idea is that GIMP catches that second Enter key and uses it for the next window.

       Text tool

When I press T key, Text tool is selected. In this mode, I can only click on text layer to edit it. If I press arrow keys (left, right, up, down) nothing happens: layer is not moved neither text cursor (because it is not in edit mode). So, why can't enter in edit mode inmediattly when I press T?

Inkscape, as have Move tool in F1 key, text mode is always in edit mode.

The only thing I can come up with is that, if I want to go back to Move tool by pressing V key, I couldn't do it, because it's on edit mode ("V" letter would be typed). As an idea, maybe this would be the only situation that, when pressing ESC key, text layer works as layer object and we can change to another tool. If we press T key again, it enters in edit mode again. I explain myself?

--
Marionetas Mey

Mario Sottile - Director
(011) 15.6283.1576