Re: We need a missing feature.

It is possible to move otherwise unrelated layers if they are set as
"linked" -
To mark a layer as "linked", one should click just to the right of the
"eye" icon
on the layers dialog - a chain Icon shows up.

All layers marked with the chain Icon will move (or be transformed) as a
"temporary" group,
regardless of which actual layer group they belong too.

https://pasteboard.co/I7oGHLh.png