Re: Is there any way to free Gimp memory and avoid restarting it?

El 2/2/19 a las 9:58, Ofnuts escribió:
The fact that the memory isn't marked free doesn't mean it is unusable. Tried in Gimp 2.10 on Ubuntu:

- load 5 20MPx Jpegs: memory is 1.35GB

- close all: memory still at 1.35GB

- load them again: memory is 1.4GB

- close all: memory still at 1.4GB

- load them again: memory is 1.4GB

- close all: memory still at 1.4GB

So the memory seems reused...

Hi!

In my case, the memory marked as used is actually used (this is why I send you the LXTask screenshots).

In fact, if I use Gimp for long time, it consumes all free memory and linux has to use swap. This is why I have to restart Gimp.

Concerning your tests, I only can say that my own are not only opening and closing images but doing few tasks on them: color adjust, few filters, adding some layers and maks, etc.

Maybe this could makes some difference (e.g. the memory used for undo actions).

This is my Gimp configuration (maybe it could help):

https://i.imgur.com/HC2BEbR.png

Thanks!