Re: #gimp irc invitation only?

* Elle Stone <ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-23-18 11:42]:
> On 08/23/2018 11:25 AM, Paka wrote:
> > * Elle Stone <ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-23-18 11:18]:

> > > Hmm, the same thing just happened again:
> > >
> > > This channel is invite-only. You must have an invite from an existing member
> > > of the channel to join. Use "/knock #gimp" to ask the channel operators to
> > > invite you in.
> >
> > it was instituted freenode wide to accept *only* registered users due to
> > spamming.  it requires you "log" in using a password to your *registered*
> > id.
> >    go to #freenode
> >    make sure your nick is correctly set
> >    /msg nickserv identify <your-password>
> >

> Hi Paka,
>
> I just did register with #freenode. But I still get the same "invite-only"
> message when trying to join #gimp.
>
> Is freenode even related to irc.gimp.org?

no, not "related".  freenode provides irc service connections and I can
access #gimp from there.
  paka (~paka@opensuse/member/Paka) has joined #gimp

> Does freenode handle all nick registrations?

as far as I know

> Does irc.gimp.org require separate registraton?

"registering" alone is not enough,
  did you do "/msg nickserv identify <password>"

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo		    paka @ IRCnet freenode