Re: Errors in the new gimp version registering python scripts

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 8:25 AM, Ofnuts <ofnuts@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06/19/18 21:43, Paco Garcia via gimp-developer-list wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to get more information about the gimp_wire_read () error
>> that occurs when loading python scripts? Many scripts that worked in
>> previous versions of gimp fail in the new one without apparent cause.
>> Spanish version:
>> ¿Hay alguna forma de obtener mas información sobre el error
>> gimp_wire_read() que se produce al cargar scripts de python?. Muchos
>> scripts que funcionaban en versiones anteriores de gimp fallan en la nueva
>> sin causa aparente.
>>

> I have seen plenty of such errors and they don't make the registration
> fail. In 2.10 for Windows, scripts that import pygtk can have problems (you
> have to make sure you import gimpfu first). Would you have the URL to such
> a script?

That's right.  I've seen that error before though, but I write crappy
python also.  Maybe it is missing its beginning:

#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

or pygtk is not installed.  Or maybe the script is a template and broken
from the fill ins.

My earlier suggestion to poke around with it was not wrong, however.

carol