Re: Participation at Apple Developer Program

Hi!

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 9:21 AM, Kristian Rietveld <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > On 27 Mar 2018, at 03:25, Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > But right now, we are discussing paying to distribute a version of GIMP
> > which is barely kept alive. This is a bit doing things in the wrong order
> > IMO.
>
> In fact, I think this is the main point. Even in the case we do decide to
> pay for an account, we need to incorporate this into our build system. And
> I consider it more important to first get regular 2.10 builds off the
> ground than to produce signed binaries.
>
> [I am near having a script that completely automates the build and DMG
> creation. I wanted to have 2.10 DMGs available already, but unfortunately
> due to some family related events early this year I had to stall his work
> for a while. It is my intention to pick it up again now].

I just wanted to add that Kris is the person who makes things happen in
GIMP for macOS. As far as I am concerned, as said earlier, he is therefore
the one who should call the shots regarding such macOS build questions,
rather than a vote (unless he wants to decide through a vote himself)
because in the end, he is the one who has to make the grunt work here (as a
volunteer, I remind).

Jehan

--
ZeMarmot open animation film