Re: New GIMP configure warning/error

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Kristian Rietveld <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 13 May 2017, at 15:21, Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> A potential solution could be to write a Mac-specific GIO TLS backend that depends on macOS system libraries which can be shipped instead of the default TLS backend that depends on gnutls.
>>
>> Of course, this would make total sense. If there is such a backend (or
>> if someone, like you on MacOS, write it! ;P), we could have different
>> dependencies for different platforms. No prob. :-)
>
> FWIW, a Windows-native GIO TLS backend has recently appeared:
>
>     https://github.com/centricular/glib-schannel
>
> This could potentially be shipped for Windows instead of glib-networking + gnutls dependencies.

Nice.
If a Windows dev could test, and if it works well, please we would
welcome the patch to have it tested in the configure script as an
alternative. Someone was noting that the GNU implementation was also
fixing proxy connection issues, no? I wonder if this new backend also
takes care of this aspect (if not, that's not as necessary as TLS
support, but that's worth noting).
Thanks for the news.

Jehan

--