Re: Segmentation fault during make triggered by Symbolic 64 gimp-texture.png

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Elle Stone
<ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/29/2016 07:35 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:
>>
>> Does this command segfault:
>> $ gegl ./icons/Symbolic/64/gimp-texture.png -o bla.png --
>> gegl:invert-gamma
>> (on success it will create a bla.png, inverted from gimp-texture.png.
>> You can delete bla.png after)
>

> Yes, in my patched babl/GEGL/GIMP that command segfaults on gimp-texture.png
> (which doesn't have an alpha channel), but not on gimp-frame.png (which does
> have an alpha channel). Thanks! for sharing that command - it allowed me to
> figure out which commit I made to my patched GEGL that introduced the
> segfault.

No prob. This is actually simply the command our makefiles run to
invert the symbolic icons (to create the inverted symbolic).

> As far as default babl/GEGL/GIMP, probably the only relevant information is
> that two of the pngs that are used to generate GIMP's new themes are not
> like the other pngs, which apparently is not a problem.

Yeah, let's say it's maybe not clean enough and I may want to even
these all out in the end. But for now I let the icon designer work
more freely with the icon theme. No need to bother him too much with
technical stuff all the time. :-)

Also apart from the discrepancy of format, I don't think that's
actually much a problem (nobody will see any usage difference).

> So my apologies for
> the noise on the mailing list!

No problem.

> Best,