How to transfer the darktable plug-in processed raw file to GIMP

Upon attempting to open my sample CR2 file from within GIMP (updated this morning) using the darktable plug-in, darktable does indeed open the raw file in the usual darktable window.

However it's not obvious (at least not to me) how to then persuade darktable to transfer the processed raw file from darktable back to GIMP.

Closing the darktable window does immediately transfer the processed raw file back to GIMP.

Is there a more "official" way to transfer the darktable-processed raw file from darktable to GIMP?

Best,
Elle