Re: [darktable-dev] Darktable plug-in in GIMP - Darktable for Windows?

Am Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 07:16:50 schrieb Elle Stone:
> On 04/25/2016 07:12 PM, Tobias Ellinghaus wrote:
> > Am Montag, 25. April 2016, 17:16:03 schrieb Elle Stone:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> Raw files opened from GIMP still aren't being opened in darktable.
> >> Instead it looks like the embedded jpeg is opened in GIMP. I'm clueless
> >> what I might be doing wrong but I'll try again tomorrow with a
> >> completely fresh build.
> >
> > darktable needs to be built with Lua and EXR support. You can check for
> > those by
> >
> >   - running "darktable --version", it will tell about Lua
> >   - look in the dropdown with the available formats in darktable's export
> >
> > module, does it list OpenEXR?
>
> In darktable's export module, OpenEXR is an option, and when run as a
> standalone, darktable does export OpenEXR images that GIMP can open:
>
> magic match 4 on file-exr-load
> best magic match on file-exr-load
>
> It looks like darktable (installed though Gentoo portage) is not
> installed with Lua support:
>
> $ darktable --version
> this is darktable 2.0.3
> copyright (c) 2009-2015 johannes hanika
> darktable-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> compile options:
>    normal build
>    OpenMP support enabled
>    OpenCL support disabled
>    Lua support disabled
>    Colord support disabled
>    gPhoto2 support enabled
>    GraphicsMagick support enabled
>
> It's not clear to me why Lua support is disabled. I do have Lua installed:
> $ equery list '*lua*'
> [IP-] [ ] dev-lang/lua-5.1.5-r3:0

darktable requires Lua 5.2. If that isn't available in Gentoo you can just
pass
    -DDONT_USE_INTERNAL_LUA=Off
to cmake when compiling darktable. We bundle it for those distributions that
lack it as Lua is changing a lot between minor versions.

In the future we will most likely make this a hard requirement in darktable to
avoid surprises like this.

> There is no Gentoo use flag for darktable that allows to disable Lua
> support, and during ./autogen.sh, GEGL does list Lua as available and
> configured.
>
> Elle

Tobias