Re: Adding better LCH support to GIMP 2.10

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Elle Stone wrote:

> I don't mean any disrespect to you or to darktable. That looks like a nice
> tool built on top of LCH. Personally I'd probably never use it, but that's a
> matter of editing style.
>
> But in what universe is that tool more flexible than giving users direct
> control of color through LCH and Luminance blend layers, along with the
> ability to modify Lightness, Hue, Chroma directly using an LCH Hue-Chroma
> tool?

I _wasn't even referring_ to LCH-based blend modes in the first place.

In _my_ universe it allows to e.g. selectively change
saturation/lightness for any ranges of hues. I can see how this would
irritate people who want numeric inputs for everything though.

Alex