Re: Previous eMail Concern

Am 10.01.2016 um 19:37 schrieb Jeevan Bhoot:

> Dear Sir/Madam,

Hi Jeevan,

> A while ago, I wrote an eMail to you regarding a sponsorship request.
> You denied the request which I respect. What I do not respect
> however, is that the email has been posted on the internet which
> violates my privacy and you would agree with me if you were in this
> same situation.

This refers to
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list/2015-May/msg00000.html

You did post to a public mailing list (just like now). It is expected to
have such mails published publicly.

> I was described as “untrustworthy” and that I am “not
> passionate for graphic designing” which you had no right to say as I
> was only a new designer and I was still working on new skills and
> techniques. Moreover, you do not know me well enough to speak such
> words. If you had actually met me and seen what sort if person I was,
> you would the disagree with your previous remarks.

And this most likely refers to the last mesage on the gimpusers forum:
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/17210-jsb-designs-sponsorship-request#message80104

gimpusers.* is a third-party site, and not connected to the GIMP developers.

Someone there decided to user a user name that appears to give them an
official standing within the GIMP community:

http://www.gimpusers.com/users/GimpAdmin

We've got no idea who this is (a "Jeff" is unknown to us) - and stuff
like this is one of the reasons why that forum <-> mail bridge is put on
moderation.

> I am sorry if I offended you previously but the eMail i sent was
> friendly and only a request not a forceful demand.
>
> I have written to you today to request for you to remove these posts
> from the Internet due to the exposure of my privacy and for the false
> remarks written within it which do now show a true light of who I
> am.

We can't remove it from gimpusers, you have to contact the maintainers
of this site: https://www.bitfire.at/ , via the gimpusers.* footer

You are lucky in a way, due to the forum<->mail moderation this message
didn't make actual gimp-user mailing list and thus didn't make it the
numerous archies of said list, either. One there, it would be impossible
to remove from the web.

--
Regards,
Michael