Re: building GIMP from git

Am Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2015, 10:57:49 schrieb Sam Gleske:
> It's likely that you're missing LD_LIBRARY_PATH when you're loading GIMP.
> While you're starting GIMP that was compiled from Git it is loading GEGL
> libraries from other sources.  You should do the following (assuming GIMP,
> GEGL, and BABL were installed under /usr/local prefix by default):
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib gimp-2.9
>
> GIMP will then look to /usr/local/lib for its GEGL and BABL libraries
> instead of /usr/lib (which is where it is typically installed by a package
> manager).

With everyone telling how they build GIMP I would like to add how to avoid
setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH: baking the path into the executable.

I am installing everything (babl, gegl and GIMP) to /opt/gimp-GIT/ (which
belongs to my user so I don't need root to install). These are my calls to
configure the three, afterwards a simple "make -j5 install" is enough.

babl:
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/gimp-GIT/lib" CFLAGS="-march=native -O3"
CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS" ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gimp-GIT/

gegl (disabling stuff just because I don't need it):
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/opt/gimp-GIT/lib/pkgconfig" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath -
Wl,/opt/gimp-GIT/lib" CFLAGS="-march=native -O3" CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gimp-GIT/ --disable-docs --without-libavformat --
without-vala

GIMP (with mypaint being installed in /opt/mypaint/):
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/opt/gimp-GIT/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/mypaint/lib/pkgconfig"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/gimp-GIT/lib" CFLAGS="-march=native -O3"
CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS" ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gimp-GIT --enable-python

Each of them is one line.

HTH
Tobias