Re: handle transform tool

On Sat, 2015-03-07 at 18:57 +0100, scl wrote:
>  > With Peter's departure I don't really have a suggestion how to deal
>  > with this kind of a situation. It's great that people contribute code,
>  > and I'm thankful to them. But do we want to pile underdesigned
>  >features up again? Personally, I wouldn't like to see the project to
>
> +1
> Somebody came up with code and it looked cool, therefore it's in the
> code base. Like Tito and similar to the N-Point-Transformation
> tool while we have the Cage tool plus some other half-done features.
> But hey, we dropped the Magic Scissors Tool and the performance of GIMP
> master is near to unusable!

You sound like you have not been in the meeting in Leipzig where we
agreed on introducing a playground for UI and interaction experiments,
*including* new tools.

The scissory tool is simply disabled until somebody comes and ports
it to GEGL.

The performance of master near to unusable until somebody comes
and optimizes it.

> As long as the 'Hack first' principle rules, the team will never reach
> its own product vision, if anybody remembers that thing :-(

What was that again? Remind us.

> Sad to see it go that way.

Sad to see rants like this, instead of help with improving things.

> Disillusioned,

Annoyed,

Mitch