Re: Don't make an architectural mistake based on a groundless premise

On 7 October 2014 20:13, scl <scl.gplus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On  4.10.2014 at 5:59 PM Øyvind Kolås wrote:
>
>  Almost, developers decide which pixelformat is appropriate for their
>> operation, with a choice of linear RGB, sRGB, CIE Lab, some gray scale
>> formats as well as formats used with digital video with different data
>> types; currently the set of babl formats.
>>

> perhaps I missed or forgot something: what happens if a GEGL operation
> is called with a wrong pixel format - will the operation refuse to work
> or the data be converted to an appropriate format?

The data will be transparently converted (using Babl) so, apart from
performance, there is no "wrong" pixel format when passing buffers to GEGL
ops.
Assuming that one does to mark the GeglBuffers with misleading BablFormats.

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com