Re: Gimp Texttool Native Language

On Friday, September 26, 2014, 22:12:15, Partha Bagchi wrote:

> Does this not imply that if my keyboard is inputting a specific series
> of 2-byte characters, Gimp should display those characters? In other
> words, if the keyboard is mapped to specific character set, should it
> not be displaying those characters?

To put it simply: if you want č to appear, you have to press č on your
keyboard. If you want 红 to appear, you have to have the correct IME
and enter the characters required for 红 to appear. If you type "This
is a test", you'll get "This is a test" on the screen, as long as the
font has Latin characters mapped properly (which nearly all fonts do).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Everything costs more and takes longer.
       -- Pournelle's Law of Costs and Schedules