Re: How to deal with UI string changes?

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 10:14:07AM +0200, scl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across some UI strings that are either
> not or incorrectly translated in 2.8.
> They range from single strings to a whole dialog.

Which strings and in which language, more specific please...

> What are we supposed to do with them?
> Leave them in their wrong state in 2.8 or
> correct these bugs in 2.8 because nobody knows
> when 2.10 will be finally out?

If you found that the strings are wrong and you think you know how
to correct those strings then you can either:

 - correct them right away or
 - file a bug

what's the problem?

You (we) can also try to contact last translators to exhort to update the
translations but I think this is better done just (a couple of
weeks? a month? We should leave the translators enough time to update...)
before that comes out the new version. I think this should be done
_every_ time that a new version is ready (string freeze). I do not
know if this procedure is already in place...

> I personally am for the latter alternative
> because I consider them as bugs.

I think too that it is a bug.

Please,

- consider that this is just an (my) opinion of a (translator) non-developer...
- forgive my bad english

--

Marco Ciampa

"L'utopia sta all'orizzonte. Mi avvicino  di due passi, lei si allontana
di due  passi. Faccio dieci  passi e  l'orizzonte si allontana  di dieci
passi.  Per quanto cammini, non la raggiungerò  mai. A cosa serve
l'utopia? A questo: serve a camminare."              Eduardo Galeano