Re: SmartDeblur

SorinN <nemes.sorin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > SoriN: Does Refocus work for motion blur too?
>
> I don't know yet but I will try ..and I will let you know
> there is a control who allow you to indicate the direction of the motion
> ( that mean you manually approximate the motion - there is not an
> automated procedure for autodetection of length or degree of the
> motion )
>
> thank to the measure tool in GIMP you can check those things quite
> accurate ( if the image is not too blurry )
>
> 2012/10/23 Guillermo Espertino (Gez) <gespertino <at> gmail.com>:
> > El 23/10/12 06:16, SorinN escribió:
> >
> >> We already have a plugin which ca do something similar in GIMP (and is
> >> standing as a gimp plugin for quite a while ..).
> >> Now this plugin seems to be unmaintained.
> >> please check here : http://refocus-it.sourceforge.net/
> >

> > SoriN: Does Refocus work for motion blur too? As far as I could see it was
> > very good but only for out-of-focus pictures, not for motion blur.
> > Also defocus does, in my opinion, a very poor work when the image has an
> > alpha channel. It tends to introduce noticeable artifacts around the edges.

Hi,

I found this thread via Google and I was wondering whether any progress was
made. It looks like refocus-it hasn't been updated in a year and a half and
I was wondering if whether anything was found that dealt with motion blur.

This definitely seems like a high-value project for GIMP. Is there a
wishlist item, or bug report that exists or could be made to track interest
and development?

Outside of GIMP, does something like SmartDeblur exist anywhere as free
software for GNU/Linux?

Thank you so much!
Kẏra