Re: Jenkins: mypaint brush builds are failing

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 9:26 AM, scl <scl.gplus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On  20.7.2014 at 9:11 AM Martin Renold wrote:
>>
>> I don't know where GIMP gets its libmypaint from. But it's probably just a
>> matter of running "scons" in the libmypaint directory, to update the
>> generated headerfiles.

To be accurate, you must run: scons enable_gegl=true install

If you forget the enable_gegl option, GIMP won't compile.

> Hi Martin,
>
> thank you for your hint.
>
> I get our libmypaint version from
> git://gitorious.org/mypaint/libmypaint.git

That's the right place.

> Where and when is such a scons call required - at every checkout,
> in our Makefiles?

Where: inside the libmypaint root directory.

When: each time you update the said libmypaint repository. Also you
don't have anymore to embed the libmypaint repo inside the GIMP repo.
I have contributed to upstream libmypaint to fix their installation,
and Mitch has just merged my commit into GIMP's mypaint-brush branch
to correctly use the third-party installed libmypaint.
So just install libmypaint into the chosen prefix, and you should not
have to reinstall it every time you pull GIMP.

> Which parameters does scons need to do this?

$ scons enable_gegl=true install

Add a prefix= if you use particular prefixes. Ex:

$ scons enable_gegl=true prefix=/home/jehan/.local install

Have fun.

Jehan