Re: Getting contributors via OpenHatch

El dom, 01-06-2014 a las 21:49 +0200, Ofnuts escribió:
> If you include in it the page from LightningIsMyName that it links to,
> definitely...
>
> Call me cynical, but someone that needs really more detailed
> instructions will likely not have the programming background to be a
> useful Gimp developer. Of course I expect potential Gimp contributors to
> be somewhat "already-knowledgeable", at least in the basics of Linux
> application development.  Lines have to be drawn somewhere...

+1
I'm not a coder, just a user and I could manage to build GIMP from git
without too much hassle.

Some things may be not exactly obvious, but I want to believe that
somebody who intends to contribute in a software project will be at
least equiped to compile the thing from sources.

If that's supposed to be an entry barrier, I think it's a good one.

Gez