Re: Some blend modes break in unbounded mode sRGB

You are correct in the sense that *right now*, most of the babl color
spaces are based on the sRGB chromaticities. There is nothing
preventing us from adding different color spaces in the future,
including ProPhoto RGB.

> And if the operation is better done in in some other color space *model*,
> not RGB but rather perhaps CIELAB or HSL or whatever, then the conversion is
> now and will always be from *sRGB* to CIELAB, HSL or whatever, yes?

No, not always. Gimp already has the option of storing your image in a
linear or perceptual gray color space, as well as different indexed
formats. As above, new formats can be added easily. Can I ask: what
difference does it make? If I convert an image from ProPhoto to
CIELAB, or if I convert from sRGB to CIELAB, I will get the same
result. The gegl operation doesn't care how the data is stored; it
only cares what format it receives the data in.