Re: Hello GIMP developers, I am a student who is willing to join GSoC 2014

Hello Robroo,

the first step is always to be able to build the latest Gimp version from
GIT[1]. Then as a starter project you could port filters to GEGL[2], or fix
one of the bugs with the "Gnome Love" keyword[3].

And here you can find a nice developer FAQ:
http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Hacking:Developer_FAQ#What_should_I_know_when_starting_with_open_source_development.3F

Btw, the fastest way to get feedback is to use the Gimp IRC channel.

Regards
Tobias

[1] http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Hacking:Building/Linux
[2] http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Hacking:Porting_filters_to_GEGL