Re: Search Action dialog feature

El vie, 17-01-2014 a las 01:05 -0500, Liam R E Quin escribió:

> There used to be a "recently used" menu from Filters (actually there
> still is, but it doesn't list filters implemented in GEGL in 2.9; I
> expect this will get fixed and I should check there's a bug for it)
> A useful enhancement would for Recently Used Filters to be remembered
> between sessions.

Yes, I know and I use the "recently used" section of the filters menu a
lot (on the stable version), it's very convenient.

I meant improvements on that area, like the one you mentioned
(remembering recent filters between sessions) or maybe a section for the
filters that are used more frequently, not just the immediate recent
ones.

> I don't think that precludes a search function for other things.
> Some things I always have trouble finding include
> . text to path

This is a good example because it's something I never use so I didn't
know where to find it.
But using the same logic I'd use with any other coomand I found it in
the first try: right click on text (both on the text on canvas and on
the thumbnail icon in the layers dialog).

> . save channel to file

I agree on this one. But it seems more a workflow problem than
discoverability. Channels manipulation is in my opinion one of GIMP's
weakest points.

> . crop to selection (hint: it's not under Edit or Layers)

Crop affects the entire image, so the command seems well placed where it
is.

> Can you find "delete undo history"? (hint: it's not under Edit)

Never had problems with this one, I have the undo history window docked
and there's a pretty obvious icon for that.
And the undo history window can be invoked from the edit menu, so your
hint isn't exactly correct :-)

> The bindings aren't logical to everyone and never will be, as there are
> too many of them.

Sure. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all of them are obvious
for every user out there. But I think that in general terms, the
placement of commands follows some logic.

Gez.