Re: Looking back at 2013

Hi all,

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 16:54:21 +0400
Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Before you leave for the festive season, we’d like to share with you
> what’s been going on with GIMP for the past year.
>
> A lot of work has gone into completing the port of GIMP to GEGL, our
> new hi-end image processing engine. It’s a prerequisite for advanced
> features such as non-destructive editing, layer filters, advanced CMYK
> support, and more.
[SNIPPED]

Sounds like a productive year. Thanks to everyone who invested the effort and
thank you, Alexandre, for preparing this summary.

I do hope that, next year, the endless discussions in GIMP’s mailing list about
the "HATE the new Save/Export behaviour" or "GIMP’s interface SUCKS" will calm
down a bit.

> We don’t have a schedule for GIMP 2.10 release at this point. The best
> way to help us getting there is still contributing by porting more
> plugins to GEGL and making GEGL faster :)

I’ll try to dedicate some time for helping in that (being a programmer
proficient in C and a former GIMP contributor and all) but note that
http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/show.cgi?id=osp-rules-11 :

«When a developer says they will work on something, he or she means “maybe”.»

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Beginners Site for the Vim text editor - http://vim.begin-site.org/

How many “one-liners” do I actually write? I don’t know; maybe a couple dozen
a day. But I guess I must be unusual, because as we all know, AWK was a
complete failure and vanished into obscurity since it didn’t address anyone’s
real needs. (That was sarcasm.) — “Twelve Views of Mark Jason Dominus”