Re: Bug report for ID64917

Hi Sashi

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 04:24:29PM +0530, Sashi Kumar wrote:
> > Two things you can do:
> > >
> > > * An unrelated crash happens when alt="" is present in a map file,
> > >   during load. Can you check what causes it and propose a fix?
>
> Yeah, I already started working on it. It is due to double free. This crash
> can be avoided if MALLOC_CHECK_ environment variable is set to 0. But
> anyhow I will try to produce a fix in the code for this.

As you probably understand too, updating MALLOC_CHECK_ is neither a fix
nor a workaround. :)

The checking exists to catch such errors, and updating this environment
variable will only turn off the checking, but it will not stop the buggy
code from being executed.

> > > * Please propose a fix for UTF-8 un-escaping.
>
> I will start that soon.

Nod.

> > One more thing:
> >
> > * Do the other parsers (NCSA and CERN) also need unescaping?
>
> As far as I checked till now, they don't need unescaping because they don't
> write the HTML encodings. CSIM only needs unescaping.

Super. Thank you for checking. :)

		Mukund