Re: unified transform tool

[resent from the right mail account. Evolution actually sucks if you have multiple mail accounts as it seems to choose the one for replies at random]

On Fri, 2013-02-22 at 21:16 +0100, peter sikking wrote:
[...]
> > Some other use cases:
> > * skew by 45 degrees, or by a specific measured distance
> > * repeat a rotation but rotate by five degrees more than last time
> > * scale a selection that's too large to fit on the screen
>
> thanks for contributing.
>
> would the last one not be done better with a dialog box from
> a menu command? could be interactive before committing.

It might be; duplicate / rotate / duplicate rotate again, actually makes
more sense in a vector appliation where there's no reduction of quality
for repeated rotations than in today's gimp.

[...]

> everything you (Liam) need and ask for has its place in the
> redesigned precision rotate and perspective tool(s).
>
> I do expect that the redesigned precision tool(s) need to
> gain some features for that.

Thank you for the response. In that case all the existing transform
tools need to stay, of course. Even when I work by feel I want to be
able to undo, and redo almost-but-not-quite, and the numbers make that
possible, rather like the "saved settings" in Curves.

Liam