Name of "company" and location

Dear GIMP developers,

I am working on my Master's thesis at the University of New Hampshire and I used your program to edit some photographs.  I'd like to be able to cite GIMP properly, I need the name of the most "parent company".  I know that this really isn't a company per se, rather a group, but something equivalent would be good for the thesis.  Also where is GIMP "based", I know its a internet entity, but where should I cite as the company location?  Should I put Berkeley, CA where it started?  If someone could respond to me via email (christopher.wells.23@xxxxxxxxx) that would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Christopher Wells