Re: tool presets

2011/9/5 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>
>> This is not something that blocks a 2.8 release and we badly badly
>> need to make a release. This should wait until after 2.8.
>
> How does it prevent you from releasing 2.8?

Any feature we add at this point will delay the 2.8 release because
someone needs to actually write the code, test the feature, fix bugs,
take feedback into account etc. Even if we get a patch from the
outside, a core developer basically needs to do all of the above
except writing the initial code. With limited resources, we have to
prioritize. And releasing 2.8 has higher priority than having default
tool presets. We can always add those later. And with the shorter
development cycles we aim for, it's not a big deal if a feature makes
it into x.y or x.(y + 2).

 / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: