Re: Isn't this behaviour unintuative?

The way I think of the workflow, I'm importing a file, editing it, and
exporting it.  Overwriting the file on disk is a mere side-effect of
that workflow, and GIMP will prompt me in any case just in case I don't
want to overwrite the file.

The thing is, if I go about it a different way and export another file
to overwrite that file, I'm using the export function.  Each time I then
press ctrl+E, I'm overwriting that file again and again, without even a
prompt.  I don't see a meaningful difference between this workflow, and
that of importing/editing/exporting.

--
Best regards,
Jeremy Morton (Jez)