Re: Modify alpha transparency of selected pixels?

on Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Jeremy Morton wrote:
Hi all,

Several times now it has occurred to me that it would be useful to be
able to modify alpha transparency of pixels selected.  I can already
modify their colour in numerous ways (brightness/contrast, colorize,
invert, etc.) so why not alpha transparency?  Right now, the way you
have to do it is clunky.  You select the pixels, 'cut' them, paste them
onto a new layer, modify that layer's transparency, and merge it down
into the original layer again.  Why not add some functions to increase
selected pixels' opacity, reduce it, or set them to a given value (0-255)?

You can also use the curves/levels dialogs on the alpha channel directly to accomplish all those tasks.

-Rob A>