Re: Thesis about managing Open source projects-informantions about GIMP

On Tuesday 03 May 2011 14:15:08 Alexia Death wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Peter Fodrek <peter.fodrek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > My  colleague's students are processing theses dealing with  open source
> > project  management methods but they fail to get contact to any open
> > source project leader as well as  for GIMP leader.
>
> Send your people to #gimp IRC channel on gimpnet. However you seem to
> be looking for a rather mythical beast. What makes you think open
> source projects necessarily have project leaders? We have lead
> developers, we have one guy who does office manager stuff but I cant
> say we have a project manager...

I think project founders, lead developers and code reviewers acts as project
distributes leaders managers.  Students task is to found how open source
projects are organized. I am open source develloper but only in very smal OSS
project HeeksCAD (3 founders/reviewers, 42 ever time commiters), HeeksCNC (3
founders/reviewers, 8 commiters) with centralized SCM systems. I am to think
branch maintainers are managers as well.

Thank for your answer

I look forward hearing from you

Yours faithfully

Peter Fodrek