Re: GSOC

2011/4/27 Enrico Schröder <enni.schroeder@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Martin,
>
> thanks for choosing me for the Summer of Code. I will start working on the
> specification details of the widget at the end of the week. At the end of
> may I have exams, so I hope I can manage to start a little before the
> official coding period. My first step would be to write a little test app
> for developing the widget. Integration into Gimp will then be the last step
> after finishing the widget. Do I get a Git repository for my work or what
> are the next steps?
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Hi Enrico!

It's great to have you as a GSoC student!

A small test app that can quickly be rebuilt sounds sane. You'll get
your own feature branch in GIMP's git. Have you applied for a GNOME
git account yet? If not, you should do that.

The next step is to come up with a class diagram with the main
components involved, for example GimpUnit. You should also draw
sequence diagrams for the main uses cases so we can verify that the
design we're going to have will work.

We should also create a schedule of this project before we start to
write code so we can act early if things don't go as expected and we
risk becoming late. I suggest you add a schedule to
http://tasktaste.com/. A schedule is a simple list of tasks to do and
the size of each task. The site then sums this up and shows project
progress as we complete tasks.

I'm adding the gimp-developer mailing list to CC and would prefer if
all our communication went through gimp-developer unless there content
is very private.

Again, great to have you on board! Let's get started :)

Best regards,
Martin

--
My GIMP Blog: