introduction

Dear GIMP development team,

on your news section, I found the post offering two interns for
working on GIMP's usability.
So I applied at m+mi / Peter Sikking, and was invited for a meeting in Berlin.
He kindly offered me the opportunity to work for GIMP, which I will gladly take.
My contribution to GIMP will include research to better understand
users and their needs,
especially the way they handle tools and tasks with GIMP in their context.
Technically, I'm not an intern at m+mi, I'm living in Erfurt,
Germany and working at Technical University of Ilmenau.

About myself:
I've got a Diploma in Applied Mediascience of University of Technology Ilmenau.
I began involving in usability during my studies. Professional
experience is 2+ years,
including work at a usability agency as well as projects carried out as a
self-employed usability consultant.
My work ranges from preparing and conducting usability studies,
such as tests and reviews to analysing data and communicating results.

I'm motivated by the prospect of improving the ways work is done or
art is created for GIMP users (according to the product vision).
I'm looking forward to learning about Open Source development
and the corresponding usability challenges.
In terms of professional development,
I'd like to refine and extend my set of research methods
and enhance my portfolio.

Kind regards

Tobias Ehni