[Gsoc 2011] Unified transformation tool

Hi,

I am interested in implementing Unified transform tool in GIMP. I went through the specifications (http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Transformation_tool_specification) for the same. First of all honestly speaking, I found the idea really cool and even though I am not selected to do this project I would definitely love to see this tool been added to gimp, as it would definitely help me a lot as a user. Now, for the doubts regarding it.

Also, in my personal opinion, instead of changing the shape of transform frame with every operation it would be neater to keep it always rectangular where the size and position of rectangle is determined by the bounding box for the current transformation area, it could be any shape. And the current transformation area can be highlighted with dotted lines as it is done currently with most of the selection tools. This would solve many issues with restructuring of the frame after every transformation, and would make things pretty simple in my opinion.

Also, I had problems understanding transformation constraints, it would be really nice of someone to explain that.

Regards,
Mohit