Re: GsoC - 2011 - Porting GIMP plugins to GEGL operations

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Robert Sasu <sasu.robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've read the e-mails about this project from the mailing list and I found
> actually what I have to do. I also looked at the source code and the
> differences between gimp and gegl implementation. If it is possible I would
> like a short list of plugins to look at, which are needed to be implemented
> ?
We sort of expect you to come with your own plan :) So make a list of
things you find interesting and show it off at IRC.

> And again: how important do you find this project compared to others for
> this years GSoC?
Importance really hasn't been assigned to tasks. There are couple of
projects that  if right people pick them up, would probably get
preference in slot selection, however you would most likely compete
against established contributors on them, so odds of getting a slot
would be low.

Kevin, cloning was kicked, because welding pixel manipulation code on
old paint core is not a good idea, new pixel manipulation should go in
gegl and we simply dont have the infrastructure to use that in paint
core yet.
--
--Alexia