Re: CMYK file export plug-in

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:30 PM, gespertino@xxxxxxxxx
<gespertino@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Most of the people ask for CMYK because:

I need CMYK support for photo retouch, to create better colors.
CMYK is no different than LAB, HSV or RGB. It is colorspace like
others, but uses 4 channels instead 3.
Instead focusing on CMYK I would give Gimp access to use any defined
colorspace in realtime, just as RGB.

Any RGB image can be coverted to LAB/HSV/CMYK, it works in current
version of Gimp.
The thing which doesn't work is realtime display, after decomposing
layers user see only grayscale representation of each layer.

So adding support to display group of layers as RGB/LAB/HSV/CMYK could
be good first step.