Introduction/GSoC

Hi. My name is Xiaotian Zheng (call me Kevin), and I would like to
contribute to GIMP a bit over the summer through GSoC (and any time I
have free time of course). I'm a university freshman with 2 years of
experience doing C and Python but with no experience doing large
software development. I'm interested mainly in the Adaptive Cloning Tool
(I've read the link and the paper and watched the video on that).

I would like to know what kind of prerequisite materials I should be
looking at (image processing, Gobject/GTK+, etc.) as well as the general
level of difficulty of doing this project.

Thank you very much.

Kevin Zheng