Re: Regarding GSOC project idea

On Sunday 20 March 2011 09:30:04 bhavya agrawal wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Yes I was referring to DICOM 3 and I would like to add that there are not
> many open source software right now which support DICOM and a nice
> proper software for DICOM costs around 10,000 euros here in Europe.
> So, it would be nice if we can have a nice open source implementation.
I don't know about which versions it supports (and probably only local files,
not all the networking stuff), but ImageJ is in the public domain. And OsiriX
is LGPL licensed. So both project's code should be free to use for GIMP.

Certificates are less of a matter when the purpose does not lie in clinical
application, I presume.

Cheers,
Daniel