Re: Parasite questions

Thanks, Bill. That makes sense. Let's see if I understand this correctly:

app/core/gimpimage.c defines the function gimp_image_parasite_list,
which actually implements the functionality of getting a list of parasites.

libgimp/gimpimage.c also defines a function called
gimp_image_parasite_list, which tries to retrieve a list of parasites;
this is what should be used by the plugins. However, this function tries
to call a function called gimp_image_get_parasite_list, which doesn't
exist. Hence the "undefined references" I'm getting.

tools/pdbgen/pdb/image.pdb defines a function called
gimp_image_get_parasite_list, which calls the function
gimp_image_parasite_list. I assume this is supposed to reference the
version in app/core/gimpimage.c

The thing I don't understand is how this can possibly compile at all?
I'm only getting the errors if I add functions to image.pdb. If I leave
image.pdb as it comes from git, everything compiles.

The other thing I'm not sure about is whether the code I described above
can even work. Can there be functions with the same name defined in
app/core, in libgimp, and in pdb?

Thanks,
Eric