Re: GIMP vs Photoshop

On 03/08/2011 08:46 AM, Olivier wrote:
2011/3/8 Michael Grosberg <grosberg.michael@xxxxxxxxx>
Debi Rapson <drapson <at> mansd.org> writes:

> Can you point me in the direction of a list of places that actually use
> GIMP for photo retouching and graphics creation.

Hmm. GIMP is not well suited for professional photo retouching - it lack the
necessary CMYK color model (among other things). I'm not sure what the focus
of your program is but if you're looking for real-world use I would look more
into video game art creation or online content.

Could you explain why retouching photos should be made in CMYK rather than RGB?

Could you explain why retouching photos should be made in RGB rather than HSV/HSL :)