Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 - Project Ideas/Suggestions

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 01:04 +0200, LightningIsMyName wrote:
> Integrate vector layers with gegl

GEGL already has all the support for rendering vector layers, so it is
a case of adding the code to deal with as part of the nodes in the
projection. Thus doing work on this would not really be possible until
compositing the layers using GEGL is the default (or only) way this is
done by GIMP.

> Better HDR support - e.g. aligning layers, (I think there may be patents
> on the various hugin algorithms for combining images though)

Through gsoc last year, GEGL already has operations to combine
multiple exposures into a
HDR image as well as operations for tonemapping HDR images to standard
dynamic range. Thus this is a task mostly about integrating UI bits
with GIMP, once the drawables in GIMP are (and are backed by)
GeglBuffers.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/ ;                           http://ffii.org/