Re: Major UI issues with gradient editor (and suggestions for fixing them)

Didn't notice that.  It's good, but completely non-obvious, which is a problem in and of itself.  Most people (myself included) are going to click around with the mouse.  Also, this isn't anywhere on the context menu, nor is it listed in the documentation (which I checked when I was trying to figure this out).

I would be happy to update the documentation to list this (very important) feature if someone could tell me how.  That being said, this shouldn't be taken as me withdrawing my idea.

Thanks for pointing that out, though -- it'll make my life a lot easier.

Bart

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Bart Kelsey <elbarto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'll be honest with you -- I have some big projects of my own, and I don't
> have the many free hours necessary to build an entire UI spec.  I already
> took quite a while thinking about this and typing it up, and I was hoping
> that I could perhaps generate some discussion, or maybe get a GIMP developer
> who happens to like my idea to flesh it out into a real spec.  I would be
> happy to answer questions about my idea if anything is unclear.  If no one
> feels that it's worthwhile, I won't be offended.  :)
>
> Bart

Hi Bart --
thank you for your input on this issue -
Of course the gradient editting needs work --
but have you noticed that you can drag colors to specific points in
the gradient? (Therefore both splitting new segments, and setting new
colors for both endpoints?)

This is hard to discover, but once one finds out, it can conver almost
all use cases for gradient editing (at least it did for me).

 js
 -><-