Re: IMPORTANT: GIMP AND OPENSOURCE SCAM ON EBAY!

Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 18:28 +0200, Bernhard Guillon wrote:
>> On 23.09.2010 06:05, Abir Sadik wrote:
>> > Heyy..
>> >
>> > I was looking for something on ebay and this is what i stumbled upon:
>> > some seller or sellers are selling GIMP and many other open source
>> > applications (vlc, pidgin) pretending as a "distributor" of the
>> > softwares. check this seller http://myworld.ebay.com/bourleche
>> > He is selling GIMP and vlc, oo, pidgin etc. with it as "bonus" softwares.
>> >

>> If there is such a market for selling GIMP why not the project itself is
>> selling the software on ebay. In my country (germany) some people do not
>> have access to broadband internet and like to buy a CD of the software.
>
> You can get a copy of GIMP on a CD/DVD in the newspaper shop nearby
> pretty much every week. Just check out the computer magazines. Currently
> there's the c't special on sale that comes with lots of interesting
> software for photo editing:
> https://www.heise.de/kiosk/special/ct/10/06/programme.shtml

Wow, it is good information to me, thanks!

Sincerely,

--
ììë íëí(éçç) | .. ìí 15ëì..

"You'd better stop laughing. Don't you think I can do it, you son of a bitch?"
"I know you can do it. I wasn't laughing at what you said."
		-- Michael Corleone and Santino Corleone, "Chapter 10",
		   page 132-133