Re: IMPORTANT: GIMP AND OPENSOURCE SCAM ON EBAY!

On 24.09.2010 18:30, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:52:12PM +0200, yahvuu<yahvuu@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> with the price of not being able to sneak off on the excuse of work ;)
>>> . If this is something that can actually happen... I don't know. May
>>> be its not even practical and there are other options.
>>
>> It has been done before. With great success:
>> http://www.perlfoundation.org/completed_grants
>
> Most of the perl6-related ones have resulted in only hot air, or the guy
> running away from the project early. Thats most of the early grants - be
> prepared for a few years of disappointments.

If you want to express your general disappointment that christmas hasn't
happenend yet -- well, yes, from my limited perspective, it's not that
long that perl6 can be distinguished from hot air.

Btw, i enjoyed your talk on continuations at the very same perl workshop that
Damian Conway -- sponsored by TPF -- performed his evil show. Hot air?
I'd call it a breathtaking experience with immense inspirational repercussion.

So if you have a word of warning regarding GIMP development, i think you have to
be more specific. Seriously, i fail to see any reason why having a credited
developer working full-time should not result in a huge boost for the project.

regards,
yahvuu